Questions copied from Matthew at A Guy’s Moleskine Notebook
1. Read more than one book a month?
Yes. About 4.
2. Read more than one book a week?
3. Read more than one book a day?
Not unless it’s a graphic novel.
4. Read more than one book at the same time?
Always, because sometimes I’m not in the mood for one I’m reading, so I switch back and forth.
5. Read more than two or three books at the same time?
6. Lose track of the number of books you are reading at the same time?
7. Prefer dates with books over dates with strangers?
8. Prefer dates with books over dates with friends?
I have way more books than friends. Do the math.
9. Fall asleep with a book more than once/twice/thrice a week?
Not more, but at least once a week.
10. Actually never fall asleep with a book because who has time to sleep when this book needs finishing?
The only reason I sleep is because I want to be alert at work the next day.
11. Have books on your bedside table?
12. Have one/two/three bookshelves at home?
I have an entire room with nothing but books.
13. Have a library card?
14. Read while at the dinner table?
I’m usually dining alone, so yes.
15. Read while a friend is talking to you?
16. Read while walking down the street?
17. Read while riding your bike?
My bike was stolen.
18. Read while driving?
19. Ever laugh out loud or cry while reading a book?
20. Ever swear, swear audibly, or yell under your breath while reading a book?
21. Ever throw the book you’re reading across the room because WHY?
No! Books are precious!
22. Ever miss your subway stop/train stop because you’re reading a book?
23. Ever call in sick to work so that you can finish a book?
24. Ever wear headphones (no music) while reading so no one interrupts you?
No, but that is an excellent idea!
25. Give books instead of advice when a friend comes to you for help?
I can’t stand self-help books, so No.
26. Have extreme rules for whenever you loan a book to a friend?
Just the usual: don’t dog-ear, no stains, and YES I WANT IT BACK!
27. Have trouble walking past a bookstore?
Oh yes, I carry my want list with me at all times.
28. Know all of your local booksellers by name?
29. Take your paycheck straight to your local bookstore?
30. Sacrifice all your belongings aside from your books if you ever do end up having to move?
I moved about 900 books five months ago and did just fine.
31. Get a little tyrannical when it comes to book clubs?
No, I only join online groups where I can remain low-key.
32. Follow more authors than friends on Twitter?
Way more. I think all of the people I follow are in the book publishing business, either authors or publishers or reviewers.
33. Carry at least one book on your person at all times?
Yes I do.
34. Ever try to cook meals featured in your favorite books?
No. Books with recipes are too gimmicky for me.
35. Always read the book before you see the movie?
I try to, but if I don’t get around to reading the book I usually don’t see the movie.
36. Judge people by their taste in books?
37. Get jealous of your local bookstore’s cat?
No cats can’t read.
I happily admit to being a Book Addict! There are a lot worse things to be out of control with!
How do you fare with these questions? Are you a Book Addict?